November 30th, 2014
Jesus Christ, the son of Almighty God was conceived in the womb of mother Mary and was born in a poor cattle mart in Bethlehem. Infant Jesus, who was laying a manager, brought the message of peace and humbleness to the world. Not only high and powerful kings but also poor shepherds came to worship infant Jesus and it made the cattle mart filled with wonders of Christmas. These Christmas stamps have been designed associating the winning arts of the ‘Christmas Art competition 2014’, held under the theme of ‘Wonder of Christmas in Gawahala’.
It's been scheduled to celebrate the national celebration of Christmas 2014 at St. Mary’s Church, Grand Street, Negombo.
St. Mary’s Church, Grand Street, Negombo
The first building was built in 1603 as 'St. Mary’s Church'. The present huge church building is the 5th church building and the foundation stone was placed by Ref. Fr. Vistarien in 4th June 1874. It was completed after almost 50 years in 1922. It is the biggest cathedral in Negombo and has a painted ceiling as well as alabaster statues of various saints. Artist Mr. N.S. Godamanne has painted five paintings under the guidance of Rev. Fr. Sebastian and twelve other paintings also painted on mile stones of the life of Jesus Christ.
| * Date of Issue : 30th November, 2014
* Denomination : Rs. 10.00 * 2
* Background Illustration - Stamp: Vojitha Heshan Herath
Dinithi Sanchala Panagoda
* Souvenir Sheet Designer : Elissa Ronashi Beliketimulla
* Stamp Size : 41mm * 30mm
* Format : Horizontal
* Printing Process : Offset Lithography
|* Sheet Composition : 20 stamps per sheet
* Perforation : 13 1/ 2 * 14
* Printers : Department of Government Printing, Sri Lanka
* Color : 4 Process Colors
* Paper : 102 gsm security stamp paper
* Gum : PVA
* Quantity Printed : 500,000 Stamps
10,000 Souvenir Sheets
* Last Date of Sale : 29th November, 2015